Past discussions and proposals
Tonight at the Horsham meeting, we proposed to add this practice at the end:
- Do not take responsibility for other people's emotions or internal states.
This proposal is in response to editing our belief about responsibility.
This change will become official in 8 days if there are no objections. Sylvia 20:59, 1 April 2013 (CDT)
- This change has become official! Sylvia 09:50, 9 April 2013 (CDT)
Today at the West Philly meeting, we agreed to add the following practice, after the one about punishment:
- Do not try to make people feel guilt or shame.
We thought this addressed our original purpose in adding a belief or practice about emotions, which was to prevent the use of shame to manipulate people, and the idea of trying to make people feel bad as a way of (or substitute for) taking responsibility for their actions.
This will become official after 8 days if there are no objections. Sylvia 23:23, 28 February 2013 (CST)
- This has become official! Sylvia 22:00, 9 March 2013 (CST)
Today at the Horsham meeting we agreed by consensus to change "this religion" to "Why This Way", reflecting that there is no longer a consensus to call the group a religion. The new point would read:
- People who participate in or identify with Why This Way are not expected to agree with all our beliefs or follow all our practices.
These will become official after 8 days if there are no objections posted here. Cazort 21:20, 26 November 2012 (CST)
- Over 8 days have passed with no objections, so these have become official. Cazort 15:50, 6 December 2012 (CST)