Tonight at the Horsham meeting, we agreed to add the following points to the starting points: The first one would be a sub-point under "people use language in different ways":
- People attach different connotations or associations to the same word or phrase.
These two points would be individual points at the end:
- People's beliefs, habits, personality, and other attributes can change over time.
- People may have beliefs, thoughts, feelings, situations, and past experiences that we are not aware of or do not completely understand.
These additions will become official in 8 days if there are no objections. Sylvia 20:49, 4 March 2013 (CST)
- These have become official! Sylvia 11:17, 13 March 2013 (CDT)
At the willow grove meeting today, we agreed on adding the following points to the starting points, after the existing starting points:
- People use language in different ways.
- People may use the same word or phrase to refer to different concepts.
- People may use different words or phrases to refer to the same concept.
We discussed wording the sub-points "Different people may use..." but decided on the current wording after Melanie pointed out that the same person can use language in different ways. Cazort 18:43, 22 October 2012 (CDT)
- There have been no objections in eight days so these have become official. Cazort 12:23, 31 October 2012 (CDT)